777 ALTURAS RD,
BARTOW, FL 33830
The Scars Famers Market will be held monthly on Wednesdays at Scars Farm.
Michael (Market Manager) is responsible for the weekly operations of the market.
How to Apply to be a Vendor
a)Preparation – It’s important that you carefully read this document before submitting your application.
– Your application should address all the topics defined here, regarding your type of product
– Applications are reviewed and evaluated on-goingly throughout the year.
b)Application – Applying to the Market is done online.
A. General Guidelines
a)Selection Criteria– Potential vendors are screened based on a number of criteria, including:
1. Product Type
2. Product Quality
b) Booth Setup –
– Vendors should have displays that are eye-catching and thoughtfully designed.
– For both appearance and safety reasons, we recommend the use of professional grade 10 x10’ tents with full internal frames (vs recreational tents that have only perimeter frames).
c) Commercial Products– Our focus is on products that are designed and created by the vendor.
– We do not accept products that are commercially produced and/ or distributed.
d)Product Lines – The Market management makes judgments about the appropriate number of vendors within a product category.
– This assessment is based on the number of total available spaces, etc., and how many vendors are currently vending any one category of product.
– We limit the number of similar products so that each vendor has the opportunity to be successful.
e)Product Mix – We do not accept applications for multiple categories of products in the same booth. (e.g. pottery & jewelry).
f)Booth Size – The standard booth space is up to 12 feet wide and 12 feet deep.
g)Attendance Frequency– The Market will have both full-time and half-time vendors.
– The focus in the first season will be on having full-time vendor participation.
– Half-time vendors would typically be craft vendors. This is intended for some weekly variety in the customers’ shopping experience.
– Half-time vendors can select which dates they want to request in a 10-12 week scheduling window.
B. Farm Produce
a)Farmers – We are very interested in cultivating relationships with farmers.
– Interested farmers should contact us directly to learn about the current opportunities available.
C. Plants & Flowers
F. Other Businesses
H. The Application Process
Product Description (Include product details, prices, production methods, etc.)
Business Description (Include the background/training of the owner, origins of the business, etc. )
Vending Approach/ Experience (How your booth is designed, and where you’ve vended before)
b) Pictures – Good pictures of your product and setup are important.
– Provide photos of your products.
– Show us a picture of your booth, and ones that show your product display and signage.
c) Waitlisting – If a prospective vendor applies in a product line that we deem to be full if the application is sufficiently strong, it may be ‘waitlisted’. When space becomes available because:
(1) a current vendor in a product category leaves, or
(2) new space becomes available (because of expansion), and the vendor with the strongest application (within the category) on the waitlist may be invited to screen.
d) Re-Application – A follow-up application can be made after an initial decline.
– It must be made at least one year following the earlier application and should outline key changes or enhancements since the earlier submission.
– Applicants who have been notified that they are on a Waitlist need not apply again. They are simply waiting for an appropriate opening. They will be notified should one occur.
I. The Approval Process
– The purpose of this visit is to complete an overall assessment of your product and booth setup.
– The decision about approval will be provided following the screening visit.
a)Sales Tax – Sales tax, where required by the State, is the responsibility of the seller.
K. Liability Insurance
a)Required Coverage – All vendors are required to carry liability insurance coverage with the Market listed as an ‘Additionally Insured’. Details of coverage will be provided on approval.
Scars Farm is a wedding venue located in Bartow, Florida. It’s an idyllic 54-acre site that offers a large strawberry-shaped pond lined with palm trees and rolling green fields that overlook beautiful wildflowers on our lake, making it a unique and tranquil backdrop to your special day. Barbecue or caviar, this venue has it all.
Our main website is still in development. If you have any questions at all, please fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch!
We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations… We strive for no less than 5 stars and this is not something that we take lightly. We genuinely stand behind our product. Please let us know where you felt we dropped the ball and we’ll get in touch with you soon to discuss. We’re very sorry and look forward to speaking with you.